Q Centre JDF Scoreboard and Clock
Basic Operating Procedures
1. To set time for first period - press SET / TIME / 20 / 00 - period - 1
2. as the referee blows the whistle to begin the period, turn the panel switch on.
3. To enter goals - press HOME SCORE or VISITOR SCORE / 1
4. To enter a penalty - press SET / GUEST PENALTY / 02 / 00 / YES player number - 01
5. To clear a penalty - press HOME PENALTY / PENALTY CLEAR / YES
6. To edit a penalty - press HOME PENALTY / PENALTY EDIT / enter edited time, press YES
7. To edit the time (with clock running) press SET / TIME enter edited time, press YES
8. To edit the score - press SET / HOME SCORE / then enter edited score
9. At the end of the first period - turn the panel switch off after the horn has sounded.
10. To save existing penalties between periods - press PENALTY OFF before you
11. re-start the clock for the three minute break.
12. To set the break time between periods - press SET / TIME / 03 / 00 / YES
13. To stop the shot-clock between periods - press SET / MISC. SHOT TIME / BLANK /YES
14. When horn sounds at the end of the break - turn panel switch off
15. Press PENALTY ON (shot-clock will re-engage automatically)
16. While the referee is setting up the face-off for the second period, set the time for period two as you did for period one. The clock will ask for the period number - enter 2
17. As the referee blows the whistle to start the period, turn the panel switch on.
DETAILED Operating Procedures
1. Turn the clock power on. (toggle switch on the side of the clock )
2. Turn the panel switch off. (this on/off plunger switch is on a cord coming from the left side of the clock and allows the count-down function of the clock to be stopped and started without interrupting the power supply.
3. The clock will now ask if you want to start where turned off - press no
4. The panel will now read 'Hi, I'm your Nevco MPC - 4. I can operate over 500 Nevco Models, please enter your model code'. Now enter 8-7-1 .
5. The clock will ask if you want to use penalty time-out - press yes. The panel will now read 0: 00. 03
6. Now set up the time for the first period - press set, press time, press 2-0 press 0- 0, press yes. The clock will now read 'period' - press 1
7. Turning the panel switch on as the referee blows the whistle at the opening face-off will start the clock counting down the first period.
8. Throughout the period, enter goals and penalties as follows:
- To enter a goal, press home score or guest score, (as appropriate) press 1, enter additional goals for each team by pressing 1 as well. The clock will add one goal to their score each time you do so.
- To edit the score, press set, press home score or guest score, and then enter the edited score.
- To enter a penalty, press set, press home penalty or guest penalty, enter the penalty time - (to enter a two minute penalty) - press 0-2 press 0-0 press yes
- As the final step when entering a penalty, the clock will ask you to enter the player number. Remember that the player number must be entered as two digits. When the second digit of the player number is entered, the clock begins counting down the penalty, so don't enter the second digit of the player number until the referee blows the whistle to resume play following the penalty call.
- To save time and avoid confusion, don't bother trying to enter the actual jersey number of the offending player (the score-keeper will record it on the sheet) Just enter the first penalty of the game as 01, the second one as 02, and so on. Note these numbers on a sheet of paper as you use them so you don't enter the same number twice in a row. Although the clock will post and count down two separate penalties for the same team at the same time, if you enter the same player number two times consecutively, the clock will not recognize the second penalty.
- To enter two penalties at the same time (offsetting penalties), with the clock running, press penalty off, then enter both penalties as above. Then, as the referee blows the whistle to re-start the play following the penalty call, press penalty on. This will start both penalties counting down at the same time.
- A two-minute penalty must be discontinued (cleared) if a power play goal is scored against the penalized (short-handed) team. A five-minute penalty must be cleared if two power-play goals are scored against the short-handed team. To clear a penalty, press home penalty or visitor penalty, (as appropriate) - press penalty clear - press yes.
- If there are two penalties posted for the same team at the same time, this procedure will clear the penalty with the least amount of time remaining.
- When clearing a penalty, do not press yes until the referee blows the whistle at the face-off following the power-play goal.
- To edit the time remaining on a penalty, press home penalty or guest penalty, press penalty edit, enter the edited time, press yes.